Thursday, December 23, 2010

When It Happens By Susane Colastani


Summary: At the start of her senior year, Sara wants two things: to get into a top college and to find true love. Tobey also wants two things in his senior year: to win Battle of the Bands and to make Sara fall in love with him. A popular jock named Dave, though, moves in on Sara first. But Tobey's quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. Plus, he gets the little things that matter to her - like why she loves the Lloyd Dobler boom-box scene in the movie Say Anything....Can a slacker rock-star wanna be win the heart of a pretty class brain like Sara?



My Thoughts:  It was one of my guilty pleasure reads, you know one of those books you bought for a rainy day where you want to snuggle with it and read over a cup of hot cocoa. I started it and read it in one sitting! We meet Sara who is a beautiful next door type. She used to go out with Scott and is now interested in Dave, the popular jock. Tobey also catches her eye. Tobey is somewhat of a loner who used to date Cynthia but really wants to be with Sara. In his eyes, she is the perfect girl for him. But Sara is going out with Dave now, so how can Sara possible like him? There are the side characters, Tobey's best friends and Sara's best friends. I loved this book. There were a few lines that were somewhat graphic that I loved! They made me smirk. They made me laugh out loud! Also, there was a part about Tobey falling up the stars. That reminded me of myself, something I could see happening to me. This book was cute, fun, full of romance, and a perfect read in my eyes!! It also switches between Tobey and Sara's point of view. I love knowing what the characters are feeling. If you haven't read this, go get it right now!
Overall: Loved it plain and simple. Will be going on my keeper shelf.
Cover: Love the cover. It fits the book and is so cute! Love the way we can't see their faces but can see Tobey's guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment