Thursday, December 30, 2010

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti


Summary: Rhiannon is devastated after the break up with her boyfriend and desperately wants him back. But love comes easy for Nicole. Her ex is still in the picture, pining for her, but she can’t help having a new crush. And then there’s James, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Rhiannon, who is too blind to see that their friendship can be so much more. Just when things couldn’t get more complicated, the school’s resident mean girl decides she is intent on ruining everyone’s life. James, Nicole and Rhiannon are not going to let slide, but will their desire to take down the mean girl bring these three friends exactly what they want?

My Thoughts: This tale has likable and realistic teen characters. It takes place over an event-filled week, with Rhiannon, Nicole, and James telling the same story from their individual perspectives. Rhiannon is devastated by her recent breakup with Steve. Nicole has broken up with Danny for no apparent reason, and he is determined to win her back. James, who has always been Rhiannon's best friend, is finding his feelings for her undergoing a dramatic change. Many humorous events occur, including Rhiannon's surefire plan to get Steve back that backfires.I really love split narration as I like to hear all sides of the story! My favorite character has to be James. I love reading his parts because he is the kind of guy that is sweet to Rhiannon. I kind of disliked Nicole in this book it was hard to picture why she broke up with Danny because he sounds so dreamy. I also liked Rhiannon in so of her parts, but she kind of went overboard into trying to get her ex back. 

Overall: The ending could of been better, but it was an awesome read. I finished this book in one night because I couldn't help but read what happened in each of the characters perspective. It was an really interesting story, but it felt so short. Like after I finished I was like is that all?

Cover: This cover is so cute and adorable. I like that it doesn't show their face from all the books in front of them. :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. I haven't read Colasanti yet, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too! Haven't gotten the chance to read it yet...but eventually :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete