Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Summary: Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development. But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or ... Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all--so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So ... happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before? Sarah Dessen delivers a page-turning novel that carries readers on a roller coaster of denial, grief, comfort, and love as we watch a broken but resilient girl pick up the pieces of her life and fit them back together.

My Thoughts: I love her writing story and I seem to like the characters alot. We get to know Macy, who thinks she HAS to be perfect but really she does not want to be perfect. She feels guilty about her father passing away. I won't give too many details about that as its told very slowly in the book. But, we get to know her feelings and I felt myself relate to almost everything she felt. Macy's boyfriend thinks it would be best if they took a break over the summer while he goes and does his own thing. Except he wants her to take over his old job! She also starts working For Wish Catering and we get to know all the people who work there! Well, she than meets Wes. By the way, this guy is totally swooooonnn worthing! I fell in love with him over the course of the book and now I wish he was real! Are you real out there somewhere Wes? To sum it up, if you haven't read any of Sarah Dessen books, start off with this one, its a good romantic fun read!


Overall: Love Love Love Love this book!
The character Wes is so my Prince Charming I love him in it, as much as I like Macy in it too.

Cover: Its pretty! And, the way she is pulling the petals off the flower, totally romantic wouldn't you say? Love it

1 comment:

  1. I've never read any of Sarah Dessen's books, though I've heard *awesome* things about them!!
    I'm your newest follower, I would appreciate if you followed back! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete